Author Topic: Quote Of The Day  (Read 477202 times)

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
Quote Of The Day
« on: May 14, 2005, 01:04:24 AM »
Salam Eleikum to All the Members of the Diwan :)

Words of Wisdom, Words of Intelligence...
Words that are Few, Words that make a lot of Sense  :mrgreen:

Or Simply  :>  i mean quotes... they go in here

Share your lovely quotes with us here

Ahmed

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 01:13:13 AM »
Genius ain't anything more than elegant common sense. - Josh Billings

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows. - Jennifer Unlimited

and finally some light advice:

Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months - Clifford Stoll
Ahmed

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 02:02:57 AM »
Some stuff from the movies :

My Mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.' - Forrest Gump  (This movie honestly deserves praise - Tom Hanks did a gr8 job)

If Real is What You Can Feel, Smell, Taste and See, Then 'Real' is Simply Electrical Signals Interpreted by Your Brain - Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) , The Matrix

Welcome to the Real World, It Sucks, Youre Gonna Love it. - Monica Gellar(Courtney Cox), Friends
Ahmed

Offline Rind Baba

• '''--Top Gun--'''
  • Global Moderator
  • Zendag Baat baloch Raaj ♡
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 04:33:01 PM »
Thanku Brother Ahmed for starting this Topic  :$

1; If the heart is the strongest muscle in the body...then why is it broken so easily?

2; Missing you isn't the hardest part, knowing I once had you is what breaks my heart

3;You Love the one who hurts you, but you leave the one who loves you

4;love is when you can accept them throughout all their failuries.mistakes.and bad habits. and you can still overlook it and see them as pefect through you eyes.

5;Loving you was easy, losing you was hard. Loving you is still easy, but knowing that you are no longer mine is the hardest of it all

6;To love is to receive a glimpse heaven

7;Life's too short for hate, but is not long enough for love

8;Love begins with a smile, growns with a kiss, and ends with a tear

9;The day you decide to love me will be the that I have given up on chasing after you.
You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.

Long Live Baloch & Balochistan

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
Re: Quote Of The Day
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 01:31:54 AM »
Quote from: Baba

Thanku Brother Ahmed for starting this Topic   :$

Most Welcome My Dear Brother Sabit :>

Some Quotes of the Great Poet Khalil Gibran

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

A shy failure is nobler than an immodest success.

And think not you can guide the course of love. For love, if it finds you worthy, shall guide your course.

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.

The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.

Hope u Liked Them
Ahmed

Offline Rind Baba

• '''--Top Gun--'''
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »
Quote from: ahmed
Quote from: Baba

Thanku Brother Ahmed for starting this Topic   :$

Most Welcome My Dear Brother Sabit :>

Some Quotes of the Great Poet Khalil Gibran

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

A shy failure is nobler than an immodest success.

And think not you can guide the course of love. For love, if it finds you worthy, shall guide your course.

If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were.

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.

Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.

The optimist sees the rose and not its thorns; the pessimist stares at the thorns, oblivious of the rose.

Hope u Liked Them

vERY nICE aHMED
KHALIL GIBRAN WAS A GREAT POET
Kahlil Gibran was among the most important Arabic language authors of the early twentieth century. He also went on to become a famous author and artist in his adopted country, the U.S., especially by virtue of the phenomenal popularity of his 1923 The Prophet

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 02:05:57 AM »
Thanx Bro Sabit for the Info About Khalil Gibran :)

Some Love Quotes (Seems Me n Love are not in Good Terms  ^o) )

Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart - Washington Irving

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there - Otomo No Yakamochi

There is love of course. And then there's life, its enemy - Jean Anouilh

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all - Alfred Lord Tennyson

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation - Kahlil Gibran

I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived - Margaret Mitchell

The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost - G. K. Chesterton

The hottest love has the coldest end - Socrates

Ahmed

Offline DesertRose

• Baask's Asset
    • http://www.facebook.com
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 11:43:03 AM »
Quote from: ahmed

The optimist sees the Rose and not its Thorns; the pessimist stares at the Thorns, oblivious of the Rose.

I love Khalil Gibran's Poem the above Quote is just so beautiful.
Wisdom is not in words; Wisdom is meaning within words !!! Wisdom ceases to be wisdom...... when it become too Proud to Weep,, too grave to Laugh,, too self-full to see other than it self !!! Khalil Gibran

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 01:42:18 AM »
Lovely Comments From Lovely People on a Lovely Poet ;) Thanx Bro Sabit n Sis Zeba for Ur Comments on Khalil Gibran, He deserves praise..  :>

And Im back with some quotes for the cute ppl out there who are in love, (me excluded  :(( )

Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there? -  Richard Bach

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up - James Baldwin

Other men have seen angels, But I have seen thee, And thou art enough - G. Moore

Came but for friendship, and took away love - Thomas Moore

Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life - Leo Buscaglia

If I am pressed to say why I loved him, I feel it can only be explained by replying: "Because it was he; because it was me." - Montaigne

I  have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it - Kyle Schmidt

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love - Henry Ward Beecher

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever - Tagore

And Finally a Light Piece of Advice:

Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell -  Joan Crawford

Hope U Liked Them
Ahmed

Offline Alpha_baloch

• Junior Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 02:18:59 AM »
If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you.  ......winnie the pooh....

A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.   .....Bruce lee....

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.  ....Aristotle..

Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
  .....Anon....

You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones.
...Dale Earnhardt....

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.   .....  General George S. patton....

[I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.    ....Voltaire....
WHO CAN DEFEAT A NATION(MUSLIMS)WHICH KNOWS HOW TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK WITH DEATH

Offline Rind Baba

• '''--Top Gun--'''
  • Global Moderator
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 06:48:32 PM »
"Within my dreams, I see your face; within my soul, I feel your love; within my heart, you will forever stay."
 :$

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 01:33:20 AM »
Some Inspiring Quotes of Great People - from About.com

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover - Mark Twain

In bed my real love has always been the sleep that rescued me by allowing me to dream - Luigi Pirandello

Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily - Zig Ziglar

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go - T. S. Elliot

All that we are is the result of what we have thought - Buddha
Ahmed

Offline Alpha_baloch

• Junior Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 02:11:30 AM »
Women Quotes and Sayings![/size]

Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.

Girls are like phones, we like to be held tight and talked to but if you push the wrong button you'll be disconnected!

You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.

Give a girl the correct footware and she can conquer the world.

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.

Behind every successful man stands a woman.
WHO CAN DEFEAT A NATION(MUSLIMS)WHICH KNOWS HOW TO PLAY HIDE AND SEEK WITH DEATH

Offline Rind Baba

• '''--Top Gun--'''
  • Global Moderator
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 06:55:11 PM »
Should I smile, Cuz ur my friend, Or cry..Cuz that's all we'll ever be?

i can only please one person per day today is not ur day and tommrrow dosent look good either

I dropped a tear in the ocean- when I find it is the day I'll stop loving you

I wRoTe YoUr NaMe In ThE sAnD bUt ThE wAvEs WaShEd It AwAy,  ThEn I wRoTe It In ThE sKy BuT tHe WiNd BlEw It AwAy,  So I wRoTe It In My HeArT aNd ThAt'S wHeRe It WiLl sTaY

Offline Alpha_baloch

• Junior Baask
Quote Of The Day
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 01:44:06 AM »
Any fool can make a rule and any fool will mind it