Author Topic: Are We following Balochi Culture ?  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Shabainag

• Junior Baask
Are We following Balochi Culture ?
« on: July 11, 2005, 04:01:54 PM »

I am not telling we must wear balochi "paagh" and "shalwaar"

Offline Zahida Raees Raji

• Administrator
    • Baask-Home of Baluchi Language, Literature & Culture
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 10:02:05 AM »
Before going to write something on your topic I would like to know what is the meaning of Balochi Culture in your mind?

Do you follow your culture?

What do you think how much we should be traditional and cultural?

Please don’t feel wrong. It’s an open discussion forum so we should have to explore any topic with all possible angles.

After getting your views I’ll be able to further share my opinion on it.

Please feel free to share your views, opinion and ideas with us.

Thanks and Regards

Raji
Zahida Raees :Raji:
baaskadmin@gmail.com , admin@baask.com
Learn Baluchi Composing in INPAGE
Learn Balochi Poetry Background Designing
Help Line

Offline Perozai R!nd

• Baloch
  • Creative Baask
    • Baask - The Home Of Balochi Language & Literature
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 05:49:06 PM »
Yes Ofcourse.Balochs are still Traditional But Old People Not New Generation.New Generation Feel Shy to Put Paag on Head.Am i right?

Offline Maheen

• Junior Baask
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 02:52:17 PM »
yes. Fahad i agree with you.

also a good question is 'how do you show you are following balochi culture'?Do we speak the language all the time or other things?

I think overtime baloch have also adapted some aspects from the non-baloch area which they are living in.

For me speaking the language is the major thing. Other secondary aspects such as wearing balochi dress are also important to sticking to balochi culture.

But I don't know if one can clearly state how they are truly following balochi culture...

:)

Offline Imran

• Semi Seniour Baask
  • Slavery is a curse!
    • BalochWarna
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 04:42:31 PM »

Firstly I agree with sister Raji because unless we don't know what someone mean or the question is not clear enough, we won't be able to discuss it.  
Some you asked the question do we speak Balochi all times or wear a paagh, Shalwar etc
About language I would say are we taught Baloch language in schools, colleges or univertisies I think NO we are not.  I personally think even if we speak Balochi (which we usually don't) that is not enough, we need to be able to read Balochi, write it and explaine it to others Unfortunatly most of us are not able to do that at least I'm not to be honest and frink.[/b]

Paagh, shalwar or Balochi dress we shoul not abendon it compelety but some we can't do this bit because of different cercumstances; like people living abroad, in schools, offices etc these are the places where we can't where a paagh. But outsite these places; in our national celebrations like weddings, public gatherings etc we should where our national dress whatever it is.

I think overtime baloch have also adapted some aspects from the non-baloch area which they are living in.

For me speaking the language is the major thing.

I agree with the above written sentences of Nazish that we are rapidly adapting some non-balochi traditions due to leaving different part of world or country in non-baloch areas. I remember visiting some of my friends in Sindh area; I was surprised to see their children speaking Sindhi, the elders wearing (dooti I don't any proper name for this but they wear it instead of Shalwar). Here in UK I mate two Baloch brother who are form Gwader but they can't speak Balochi, their first languge is arabic and second English. Now I don't blame these people firstly we don't have or perhaps we are not allowed to learn Balochi in schools. secondly when our people go abroad they then never return back to country, they feel shy speaking their own language in abroad. The elders don't speak Balochi with their kids at home.

Every one want their son or daughter to speak a forgeion language, so they can be proud of her or his, But they don't feel shame when they forget their own language.  I'm sorry for this last sentence but it a bitter truth which we can't deny. I'm not an expert of Balochi language or follow all Balochi culture, infact I'm learning many thing form this community. I thank the baask admin for starting such an informative site, I also thank you dear Shabainag for opening this thread to give us the opportunaty so that we can discuss our weakness.

Comments, suggestion, advises and criticisms are wellcomed about my post.

Regards

Imran[/b]
You can go far with a kind word but further with a kind word and a GUN!

Offline Shabainag

• Junior Baask
Definition in Mind.....
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2005, 04:22:08 PM »
First of all i would like to thank site admins to remind me what my topic was.
I don’t know what should to clarify here about this question from my point of view it is much clear to pick a definition in mind.

Are we following balochi culture? That was my question.

First of all what is the culture: I know every one knows about it but for briefing when i thought this question what was in my mind.

Culture is the system of shared beliefs, values, customs, behaviors, and artifacts that the members of society use to cope with their world and with one another, and that are transmitted from generation to generation.

Regards,

Shabainag

Offline Maheen

• Junior Baask
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »
Thank you Shabainag for clearing up the question and providing us with the definition/meaning of culture.
I think it depends from one region to another. There are many areas that follow the traditional beliefs and behaviors while in other regions as brother Imran has pointed out, have adapted to the other cultures around them. I really agree with this idea, that some baloch do not speak balochi with the kids and find more pride in speaking a foreign language. Imran is right this is an issue we do not want to admit, but it's the truth. So I think we can say there is a generation gap, or the culture is not being followed from one generation to the next. But one cannot put blame on the issue completely because Baloch don't have an oppurtunity to send their kids to classrooms to learn the language/culture.comments/critism are welcome :)