Author Topic: Promote awareness for revival of Balochi language  (Read 2423 times)

Offline عبدالصمد امیری

• Moderators
Promote awareness for revival of Balochi language
« on: July 11, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »
Dear friends: I traveled in Balochistan with my late friend Sayed zahoor Shah for research in 1954. I visited Turbat, Makoran again after 50 years in March, 2004. I found that all Baloch from college principal to an ordinary man of stree was counting in Urdu and using days of the week in Urdu instead of Balochi. This was a great loss for Balochi language within 50 years. Please try to promote awareness for the revival of the
Balochi language. You can start this campaign from your homes and among your friends with opening Balochi classes, reading Balochi books, magazines and doing research for Balochi proverbs, folk stories, classical
poetry from old people.
Thanks.
Yours sincerely,
Ameeri
ھُدا مُرزی ناکو عبدالصمد امیری نوں گوں ما ھمراہ نہ اِنت ۔ اللہ پاک جاہ ءَ وش بہ کنات ۔

Offline گوادری Gwaduri

• Baask's Asset
Promote awareness for revival of Balochi language
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 08:10:37 AM »
salam waaja Ameeri

you have rightly pointed out , i guess, the most deadly disease /virus/ infection for any language which eventually results in the total vanishing of a language... in case of  balochi, the situation is further aggravated with the fact that  written and published work in balochi is limited..

ma agaan ich kot nakainain , gora balochi asl lafzaan wati amroochigain gaalwaare taha biyarain..naake dramadain lafzaa'n

and on top of it.. it seems really funny to use other words...

let me give u some examples

.. tara kabar padi..
..mani sar ancho dardahain jaisa nas pataga yaa'n ..
.. tao mani waita bekaan man lighta off kana kaayaan.... :mrgreen:

isnt it ridiculous?  

i know its difficult specially in lyari where balochs r in great influence of other languages,but  as waaja ameeri pointed out, v can start things by  promoting  daily usage original words of balochi in our home and with freinds ...

thanks
Maara Tappi Kotag Hama Teera
Anga tai dedage kamaan'a hain