Author Topic: Koh-e-Murad (Turbat)  (Read 8747 times)

Offline Aazat Baloch

• Tao Satar Beband Bohtam o Bejan Tazhn.. Pa Goshag Washnaam Nabet Bannam..
  • Global Moderator
  • Saah Mana Droheet Damaana..
    • www.baask.com
Koh-e-Murad (Turbat)
« on: August 31, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »
Koh-e-Murad (Turbat)

Koh-e-Murad ( كوه مراد ) is a shrine, which is located in Turbat, Baluchistan. This is a sacred place for Zikris where they offered prayers for a long time. Zikris think that the founder of their religion, Syed Muhammad Janpuri (1443 - 1505 CE), The Imam E Aakhiruzamaa.n, visited this place.

The members of Zikri sect gather here at the night of 27th Ramadan for ziarat (literally 'a visit' in Arabic: زيارة) of this shrine.

The Zikri (Arabic: ذكرى) faith is an offshoot of Islam concentrated in Makran, Balochistan (Pakistan and Iran). The name Zikri comes from the Arabic word dhikr (pronounced "Zikr" in South Asia). The word is commonly used to describe Sufi worship.

They are generally regarded as heretical by mainstream Muslims. Zikris, like mainstream Muslims, are religiously obligated to pray five times daily. However, the content of their prayers, which they call Zikr, differs from the orthodox practice of Salah. Although Mahdavi, the direct followers of Syed Mohammad Jaunpuri offer prayers according to the Sunnah and follow Sunnah which was practised and stressed by the saint. Syed Mohammed Jaunpuri would strictly adhere to the Sunnah of Prophet and accordingly the commandments in the Qur'an. The Mahdavis perform Hajj and even Umrah.

The Zikris, however, do not perform the standard Islamic Hajj, but instead make pilgrimage (ziyarat) to a shrine called Koh-e-Murad (Mountain of Desire), in Persian). The shrine is located in the city of Turbat in Balochistan. They do ziyarat on the 27th night of Ramadan.

Most Zikris live in Baluchistan, where they are the majority religious group in the district of Gwadar. There are also large groups of Zikris in the Pakistani city of Karachi, the Pakistani province of Sindh, and in Iran. Many of the other smaller groups live in Karachi and Makran, although the Zikris, for example, are predominantly in south-western Baluchistan where their spiritual center, Koh-i-Murad, is located. However, they are becoming less visible, fearing that they will also be designated a ‘minority’, against their will.

The Zikris of Balochistan – a predominantly Baloch ethnic group in Makran and the adjoining areas – fear they will suffer the fate of the Ahmadis, as there are demands from certain groups for their designation as a non-Muslim minority. The Zikris are an under-researched community. However, many Baloch nationalist leaders and writers have expressed solidarity with the Zikris, considering them the ‘archetypal Baloch’.

Zikris believe in Syed Muhammad Jaunpuri (1443-1504), "but i as a Zekri my self say that we and all other Zekri believe in the 12th imam, Imam Mehdi the Akhir u Zaman" and we really believe that he has came into this world as our Shia brothers say in their books and some of the muslims belives in" But many don't, as the promised mehdi who emphasized on the purity and formalism in Islam. The faith stresses on abstinence, seclusion, contentment and invocation of divine names, or Zikir-i-Khatir.

Zikirs participate in their annual congregation at Turbat, at the end of the Ramzan (ramadan), every year. Some scholars consider this annual rite in Koh-i-Murad near Turbat, as the surviving remnant of daira system. It is, according to Zikirs, in no way a substitute for the Muslim annual pilgrimage to Kaaba, as their detractors claim.

Most Zikris are poor peasants or nomads who enjoy coming to Koh-i-Murad as others elsewhere enjoy visiting shrines. The number of Zikris is not known since they identify themselves as Muslims. It is estimated that there are several million living in Pakistan, India and Iran. (The Zikri community is deemed as a member of the 4 million-strong Mahdawis in India.) In addition, there are huge Zikri communities in Karachi, Las Bela and Quetta. There are more Zikri Baloch in Karachi than anywhere else, but many have recently migrated for economic reasons, while staying in touch with their native Makran.

The cultural and commercial significance of the Zikri festivals is considerable. Zikri intellectuals challenge Sunnis’ and others’ claims regarding their faith. However, their religious leaders – Malais – believe that the Zikri prayer is ‘a bit different than the others’. Some locals do not consider them to be heretically different from other Muslim orders and finds similarities with many other doctrinal interpretations. Their zikr khanas – they have few places of worship, unlike the growing number of mosques across Makran – are like mosques but do not have pulpits pointing towards Mecca. Instead, there are stones and mats on which they sit and do the zikr. However, on a visit to the prayer places at Koh-i-Murad, a few copies of the Qur’an were found on the shelves. The Sunni/Namazi Muslims, belonging to the JUI and JI have attacked Zikris for being a ‘heretic sect’, and campaigns have been mounted to stop Zikris from congregating at Koh-i-Murad. Recently, police protection has been provided to Zikri visitors. To many observers, the emphasis on reconversion or designation as a non-Muslim minority is linked with the growing accent on Islam in Pakistan since Zia and since Khomeini in neighboring Iran.

Zikris had traditionally been victimized in Iran and in Afghani Balochistan, and the recent emphasis on Sunni and scripturalist Islam encouraged the JUI to make inroads into Baloch regions. There are demands for Zikris to be declared a non-Muslim minority. The Zikri status remains unchanged but they are scared and thus find solidarity with a secular version of Baloch ethnicity. NGOs, including the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP), and local activists are creating a greater awareness of the Zikri predicament and aim to forestall a majoritarian backlash against this scattered and impoverished community.

goun_neiken_wahagan
Baask Aazad Baloch

Man Balochian Agan Man Bolotan Estaal Karan..

Offline Zahida Raees Raji

• Administrator
    • Baask-Home of Baluchi Language, Literature & Culture
Re: Koh-e-Murad (Turbat)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 08:59:59 PM »
braat Aazad ey information e source Url allama bede.

parcha keh ey Balochistan e yak Hissah en' pameshkaa man ishiyaa Balochistan section e tooka move kanan'

Offline Almiraan

• Semi Seniour Baask
  • MR, BALOCHISTAN
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:44:55 AM »
 marchi azad tao waty asly roopa zahere  (yh) (yh) (yh) (yh)
BALOCHISTAN SABZ...BAAT

Offline Aazat Baloch

• Tao Satar Beband Bohtam o Bejan Tazhn.. Pa Goshag Washnaam Nabet Bannam..
  • Global Moderator
  • Saah Mana Droheet Damaana..
    • www.baask.com
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:56:01 AM »
hao yaar din cher deyage chizi nahe , Essa wati dina Mossa wati dina .. achah Essa o Mossa 2 beraat botaga .. man nou chia wata cher bedae .... mana fakr wati dini sara....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarfrazh/2500308292/
Man Balochian Agan Man Bolotan Estaal Karan..

Offline yahya. याहया

• Baask's Asset
  • याहया-बास्क
    • بلوچی دگنیا BALUCHI DUNYA
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 09:03:20 AM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarfrazh/2500308292/#
This sit is blocked .
Access to this site is curnently blocked ,The site falls under the PROHIBITED cotent ,categories of the UAE,s intenet and izlam (islam)

And Satan said:
I had no power over you
except that I called you
and you obeyed me.
So do not blame me
but blame your selves.
Al Qur ' an

Offline fairybaloch

• DIE 4 UR RIGHTS AND REPUTATION IF U R WILLING TO DIE!
  • Seniour Baask
  • i hate love
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »
koh_e_murad is a shrine :?
MIRROR IS MY  BEST FRIEND BECOZ WHEN I CRY IT NEVER LAUGHS

Offline ¨°•√♥ BaReKaHeeR ♥√•°¨

• Maní Zabán , Maní Pajjár
  • Seniour Baask
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 09:48:02 PM »
I Was Really Interested In Knowing More About Zigries And KOhemurad !! Here I Found It All Thak You For Sharing !! Looking Forward To Learn More About Baloch and Balochistan !!

Offline fairybaloch

• Seniour Baask
  • i hate love
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 06:38:02 PM »
I DON'T THINK SOO THIS INFORMATION IS RIGHT..
   i am not also well informed about this but i think koh e murad is not a shrine.....if it soo whose shrine it is?

Offline Perozai R!nd

• Baloch
  • Creative Baask
    • Baask - The Home Of Balochi Language & Literature
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 01:44:06 PM »
The name Koh e Murad is after the name of Mulla Murad Gichki who was the founder of Modern Zikris in Makran. Chonaha Zikri aani Bunyaad Balochistan e Taha Abu Saeed Buledi er kota bale Wahde k Mulla Murad Gichki Buleda O Kech e ando Damagani Sare Haakim boot goda Aaya Abu Saeed Buledi e foj shikist Daat O Abu Saeed Buledi Iran e Taha Faraar boot... Ayiya Che pad goda Mulla Murad Gichki aa Zikri Din e Taha Changes Awort o Hame Koh k turbata int, Eshye Naam Wati naame Sara Er kot ( Koh-e-Murad), o Zikri Din e taha lahten point er kot. Lahten point k mana yaat ant kitaabe taha wantagan esh ant;
* Kalima e taha changes awort
* Hajj Makkah e Badla hameda Kanage hukm daat yaani Hajj Koh e Murada e zyarat int.
* Zakat farz na int lakin Ushr yaani Keshto kesharye taha che ghareebani bahr bebit.
* O ibadate wad 2 tareeka ant, yakke Chogaan int O Dohmi mana yaat Na int.
O dege hum lahten point astatan bale mana yaat nahant bale Hame burze goshtagen point Mulla Murad Gichki aa wati mannokani daima er kota..

Note: Agan Kasi Zikri Brat e eda ast, goda agan cha mani maloomatani taha radye ast goda e topic e sara zaroor wati commentsa share bekan taake maa duraah bezana...

Offline BaluchiZB

• Baluchi Learner
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 08:34:51 PM »
Very interesting. I hope Balochistan does a better job than Pakistan in protecting their minorities and their rights to practice their faiths as they see fit.

I wonder if nonZikris & nonBalochs can visit the Koh-e-Murad & that shrine?
I'd love to do that on my next visit to Balochistan, esp since my Baloch friend's uncle own a date farm in Turbat.

Offline fairybaloch

• Seniour Baask
    • i hate love
    « Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 12:19:14 PM »
    The name Koh e Murad is after the name of Mulla Murad Gichki who was the founder of Modern Zikris in Makran. Chonaha Zikri aani Bunyaad Balochistan e Taha Abu Saeed Buledi er kota bale Wahde k Mulla Murad Gichki Buleda O Kech e ando Damagani Sare Haakim boot goda Aaya Abu Saeed Buledi e foj shikist Daat O Abu Saeed Buledi Iran e Taha Faraar boot... Ayiya Che pad goda Mulla Murad Gichki aa Zikri Din e Taha Changes Awort o Hame Koh k turbata int, Eshye Naam Wati naame Sara Er kot ( Koh-e-Murad), o Zikri Din e taha lahten point er kot. Lahten point k mana yaat ant kitaabe taha wantagan esh ant;
    * Kalima e taha changes awort
    * Hajj Makkah e Badla hameda Kanage hukm daat yaani Hajj Koh e Murada e zyarat int.
    * Zakat farz na int lakin Ushr yaani Keshto kesharye taha che ghareebani bahr bebit.
    * O ibadate wad 2 tareeka ant, yakke Chogaan int O Dohmi mana yaat Na int.
    O dege hum lahten point astatan bale mana yaat nahant bale Hame burze goshtagen point Mulla Murad Gichki aa wati mannokani daima er kota..

Note: Agan Kasi Zikri Brat e eda ast, goda agan cha mani maloomatani taha radye ast goda e topic e sara zaroor wati commentsa share bekan taake maa duraah bezana...
    beraath man nazana tao kujam book wantag...man um chushen baazen book wantag k hayani taha zikri baraya 99.9% galat leketag... as a zikri i know that
    1) koh e murad a every 27 ramadan a ma ziyarat rawey its a religious event baley e ziyarat a tao e gawasht nakaney k mey haj enth o ma kaba a naruwey zikri um amey quran sara believe kana k numazi kanath its mean zikri um musalman anth hayani quran um yak enth bas ibadath kanagey method change enth o mey sara haj kanag farz enth kaba a baazen zikri saudi a shotag o haj kotagey ...
    2) ancho k quran taha leketag k zakat arch musalman sara farz enth zikri sara um farz enth o dayuk dayanth mey din taha chushen ich waden concept nesth.
     and secondly i like to say that koh e murad means " the mountain of wishes" murad yak balochi word e o eshiye matlab lotag ya wish kanag e ida ma rawey wish kanaga wati muradani wasta aga murad pura bot guda heyrat kanath..murad kasi nama chey lageta i don't think soo well if it is so i am not confirm..
     thanks

Offline Mansoor Alam

• Semi Seniour Baask
    « Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 12:33:11 AM »
    nysh work sis fariya r u zekri also ?thx 4 sharing these. informartion
    PROUD 2 BE A BALOCH.

Offline Mansoor Alam

• Semi Seniour Baask
    « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »
    bro rind .... zikiri zirat a rawa te amhe wasta k hoda amam mehidi a abdat kota or zikiri b hoda rawa zikir e alhaie kana or chogan jana wati sajjin tym allah or allah e rasol a or amam mehadi yaad ka.na te. chogan e bhare man kamo gushag lota k chi gushi ma.    allhf  pa kuda e م. MOHAMMAD ALLAH o wakbar noor e MOHAMMAD   aur zakkat. har muslim a faraz int. zikiri b zakkat daya ta bhale late mardum asta bus zikiri bad naam kanag e waste e wada gap.jana te .ALLAH wat gendga ma zarrort naya k ma cheez bogush e.   agha daga cheez a jost kanagi bogo dear ur kaster bro malam.baloch
    PROUD 2 BE A BALOCH.