Author Topic: An American/Pakistani unforgettable visit to Balochistan: Pictorial Gallery  (Read 48969 times)

Offline BaluchiZB

• Baluchi Learner
Thank You Very Much Brat ,

Im Intending in Sharing these photos with some Omani Friends If You Dont Mind !!!

I Feel Really Sorry That The Government in Charge of The Gwadar Did Nothing To Preserve These Historical Buildings which Are Parts of The History of Gwadar !!!

What That Dinosaur Remaining Doing There They Should Have Been In A Museum

Instead of Using Them As A Roof Cover !!

Please do share pics with others. Hopefully they will be taken care of and protected.

Thats not a dinasur but a skeleton of sperm whale that washed up on the shore near Astola Island in 1994.

Offline ¨°•√♥ BaReKaHeeR ♥√•°¨

• Maní Zabán , Maní Pajjár
  • Seniour Baask

[/quote]

Please do share pics with others. Hopefully they will be taken care of and protected.

Thats not a dinasur but a skeleton of sperm whale that washed up on the shore near Astola Island in 1994.
[/quote]

Thank You Very Much For Allowing Me To Share Those Pics !!

I Have Already Posted Them in An Omani Forum And They All Appriciated it !!!

A Whale Ha !! Well ! What It Is Doing In Gwadar Then ????

Offline debbah

• Junior Baask
 :% :% :% :% :% :%
 |||o |||o |||o |||o |||o
 o||| o||| o||| o||| o|||

excellent over all,
RAB E BAHOT A

Offline Hameed Maoj حميد موج

• Baluchi Nadkaar بلوچی ندکار
Del baaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz washhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bittttttt
thanks for all   (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (F) (ff) (ff) (ff) (ff) (ff)

Offline fairybaloch

• DIE 4 UR RIGHTS AND REPUTATION IF U R WILLING TO DIE!
  • Seniour Baask
  • i hate love
baaz duldaren aks sa duldar chito naba k mey balochistaney ga..... :)
 washen trip pey jata tao balochistana buru becharey mey muka o anchu aks sa net ta bidiye o tao lekeyta k baaz jald tao gawadera wati homeland baneney ma ger mulkiya wati zarzameen nendaga neley...... 8)
MIRROR IS MY  BEST FRIEND BECOZ WHEN I CRY IT NEVER LAUGHS

Offline BaluchiZB

• Baluchi Learner
^^ Minaat vaar dousten, but I'm not Baloch, so perhaps someone can translate the msg above.

Right now my heart is bleeding for people of Makran region, esp the many absolutely wonderful Balochs I met there.

I wish I was there. Soon Inshallah.

Photo: OCHA  
The track of Cyclone Phet as of 10 Jun 2010
GWADAR, 13 June 2010 (IRIN) - Local residents in the devastated southwestern port town of Gwadar, in Balochistan Province, are up in arms over what they say has been a slow and ineffective response by authorities to Cylone Phet, which struck Pakistan on 5-6 June.

“Conditions are miserable. There is no liquefied gas because links with Karachi have been cut off and no electricity for five days so household appliances and stoves have not worked,” Fyza Musakhan, a local resident, said.

Gwadar residents protested over the rising prices of foodstuffs and medicines as a result of shortages. “I went to buy ‘atta’ [wheat flour] and some other items but could only buy half the amount I usually do because the prices have gone up steeply. Shopkeepers say existing stocks were destroyed by the water,” Ali Ghaffar, 30, another local resident, said.

According to the Pakistan Metrological Office, Gwadar and other coastal areas experienced some 370mm of rainfall during the cyclone with waves washing in to coastal villages.

Knee-high and waist-high water stands in parts of the town and has flooded many homes. The scale of damage is still being assessed. The tehsils (administrative units) of Pasni, Gwadar and Jiwani were the worst affected, according to local media reports.

“There have been some attempts to drain out water but because it is standing in the streets and in homes there is a danger of disease spreading,” Raees Khan, a doctor and health volunteer in Quetta, provincial capital of Balochistan, told IRIN.

“The first step is to rescue people and then provide relief,” Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani, Balochistan Chief Minister, told the media in Gwadar.

Pakistan Navy spokesman Commander Salman Ali said supplies were “being taken to Gwadar by ship as there are no road links” and that 1.8 tons of medicine had reached Gwadar on 8 June.

“We are also trying to save damaged boats and at least 60 to 70 of the 107 affected by the storm have been returned to shore,” he said, adding that “it will take a week or more for things to normalize”.

The Pakistan air force has been air lifting supplies into Gwadar. However, despite these efforts, the situation remains grim, local residents said.

“I have lost my fishing boat. A wall of my hut has collapsed and with my boat washed away I have no means to earn a livelihood,” fisherman Akbar Baloch, 40, told IRIN.

Offline BaluchiZB

• Baluchi Learner
Thank you very much. Its a totally unexpected honor that you made this little thread a sticky.

I've some more pics from that trip that I'll add later.

I made few good friends in Gwadar, whom I told about this website but the internet there is terribly slow. Hope they'll join soon here and add there input from Gwadar, Jeewni, Pisni, Ormara.

They're amazing friends. They insisted on sending the dates from their family date farm in Turbat to my family & friends they met there. The dates are sent for some tradition called "Ahmen" in months of June/July. Those dates are suppose to be out of this world.

I found Balochs to be most amazing people I ever met. May God Bless Balochs forever.

Offline YaaGii

• LiVe 4 NoThiNg DiE 4 SuMThiNg!
  • Seniour Baask
  • Life without liberty is like a body without spirit
baaz jwaaaaan BaaZ tai minat ka tao mai goma share kot.....Thnx alot once again.. o|||
"I LoVe To WaLk In Rain BcuZ NoBoDy See My Tears"

Offline BaluchiZB

• Baluchi Learner
baaz jwaaaaan BaaZ tai minat ka tao mai goma share kot.....Thnx alot once again.. o|||

Thank you for liking it. I can't wait to go there again and live among friends I made there, for few months and hopefully learn Balochi & Brohi.

What does goma share kot means?

Offline BaluchiZB

• Baluchi Learner
Awesome food I had in Gwadar. Wish I was having Iftari in Gwadar  :''(

Fish that our host Meer Aqeel Baloch had made in his home and brought to us at Sadaf resort in Gwadar.

THE BEST FISH I EVER HAD !!!

Fish Halwa - unbelievably yummy. Made from fish eggs, derived out of freshly caught poor pregnant fish :(

Also I will never forget the honest Baloch vendor, who'd correct the wight on atta sacks. Subahan Allah.