Author Topic: RenamE uR recYclE biN  (Read 1436 times)

Offline ALBALUSHI

• Seniour Baask
RenamE uR recYclE biN
« on: August 15, 2006, 10:19:45 PM »
welL guyZ shud i telL u how to renamE uR RECYCLE BIN (ON WINDOWZ XP)....hmmm
okK theN folloW mY instructionS

1--go to start menu anD select "RUN"
2--tYpE "regedit" n clicK on "OK"
(a window ll be opened)
3--NOw on dA left sidE u ll seE undeR MY COMPUTER there iz a foldeR naming "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT"n there iz a + sign alongwith it open it by clickinG on that + sign ( a long list will bE droppeD down)
4--noW take ur head down n finD ouT folder naming "CLSID" from that list n open by clicking on the + sign with it similarly as u have done b4
5--now again finD folder naminG " {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} anD now again open by clicking on the + sign with it similarly as u have done b4
6--noW u ll see a foldeR in da dropped down lisT naming "SHELL"

NOW THE MOST MOST IMPORTANT STEP DON'T SKIP STEP NO.7

7--on the status bar click on "FILE" and then on "EXPORT" anD theN savE da filE on desktop anD name iT "abc" oR any namE of ur choice
8--noW looK at the right siDe n delete the value naming "SortOrderIndex" by simply right-clickinG on it n selecting DELETE
9--noW looK at anotheR valuE naminG "ATTRIBUTES" open it by double-clickinG on it
10--now changE the valuE "40 01 00 22" to "70 01 00 22" anD click on "OK"

NOw miniminzE all windowS and refresh the desktop and then right-click on recycle bin n u ll see the option of rename ...rename it anything u want anD then if u want to remove that option ov rename... just open the file "abc" u haD save it on desktop or smwhere else anDa messeage ll b given that ur settingz have been sent to registry ....

OkK guyZ dats allLlL ......

if u r using win 98 or ME then u dont need to do step no.8