Author Topic: Life in the Gulf - Its real good one...........  (Read 2517 times)

Offline زینوک Zenok

• Semi Seniour Baask
Life in the Gulf - Its real good one...........
« on: March 19, 2006, 03:06:37 PM »
Hi all,

This is my first post to the Diwan hope u enjoy it :)

In a poor zoo in Pakistan, a lion was very frustrated as it was offered not more than 1 kg of meat a day. The lion thought its prayers were answered when one of the managers at Dubai Zoo visited the zoo and requested the zoo management to send the lion to Dubai Zoo. The lion was very happy and started thinking of a centrally A/C environment, a goat or two every day and a Dubai Residence Permit also. On the first day of its arrival at the zoo the lion was offered a big, very nicely sealed bag for breakfast. The lion opened it quickly but was shocked to see that it contained peanuts. The lion thought that may be they cared too much for him as they were worried about his stomach as he had recently been shipped in from Pakistan.

The next day the same thing happened. On the third day again the same food bag of peanuts was delivered. The lion was very furious; it stopped the delivery boy and blasted him. "Dont you know I am a lion... the king of the Jungle..., whats wro! ng with your management? What nonsense is this? Why are you delivering peanuts to me?" The delivery boy politely said, "Sir, I know you are the king of the jungle but ...err... didnt you know that you have been brought here on a "monkeys visa."?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Offline Perozai R!nd

• Baloch
  • Creative Baask
    • Baask - The Home Of Balochi Language & Literature
Re: Life in the Gulf - Its real good one...........
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:19:35 PM »
Quote from: Aizar
Hi all,

This is my first post to the Diwan hope u enjoy it :)

In a poor zoo in Pakistan, a lion was very frustrated as it was offered not more than 1 kg of meat a day. The lion thought its prayers were answered when one of the managers at Dubai Zoo visited the zoo and requested the zoo management to send the lion to Dubai Zoo. The lion was very happy and started thinking of a centrally A/C environment, a goat or two every day and a Dubai Residence Permit also. On the first day of its arrival at the zoo the lion was offered a big, very nicely sealed bag for breakfast. The lion opened it quickly but was shocked to see that it contained peanuts. The lion thought that may be they cared too much for him as they were worried about his stomach as he had recently been shipped in from Pakistan.

The next day the same thing happened. On the third day again the same food bag of peanuts was delivered. The lion was very furious; it stopped the delivery boy and blasted him. "Dont you know I am a lion... the king of the Jungle..., whats wro! ng with your management? What nonsense is this? Why are you delivering peanuts to me?" The delivery boy politely said, "Sir, I know you are the king of the jungle but ...err... didnt you know that you have been brought here on a "monkeys visa."?

Very Nice Aizar really. :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Offline Ahmed

• Creative Baask
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 02:40:14 PM »

Thanx for that funny joke Aizar, we hear such jokes a lot...

This is a funny poem about Dubai by a blogger in Dubai who is quite popular - (goes by the name CG, if you are interested)

Doo-buy, dubaay shares borders with Sharjah
Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Al Wajajah
Our shopping festival comes once a year
The town fills with visitors who look and leer.

We have KT to give us a clue
Emirates Today to add some more hue
Move on to 7 days for their rustic banter
But Gulf News is what we really are after.

The roads are fast, there is no doubt
Watch out behind you, I see a lout
Flashing and cussing, he wants to get through
Hit your brakes and thats the end of you.

Jumeirah Janes are everywhere
Doing their shopping, fixing their hair.
The pajeros and prados are out of fashion
Now we have hummers to fill their passion.

Mirdif, Jumeirah, Karama or Deira
Buildings and villas are growing much nearer
A drive across town will take you an hour
And leave the taste in your mouth, bitter and sour.

The expats are staying, buying up homes
They fight for their rights, we hear their groans
They don't own the land, they don't seem to care
As long as their neighbours have savoir-faire.

Imports of food bring in plenty of revenue
Allowing lots of alternative menu
It wouldn't be so bad, if they would cut us some slack
All we want is to bring Lurpak back.

Just a little more info - Jumeira Janes are the wives of wealthy Westners, drive SUVs with a "Baby On Borad" sticker on rear window and most of them live in Jumeira.
All we want is to bring Lurpack back - Refers to the total boycott in UAE of Danish products which is still in place and giving Westners a very hard time.

Enjoy
Ahmed

Offline زینوک Zenok

• Semi Seniour Baask
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 03:30:30 PM »
Thanx Ahmed. It is really a nice one. :) Thank u 4 sharing.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us